Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting CHNEWS to 80360, or email
Bands in the spotlight at ‘Silsdenbury’ music festival
12:00pm Saturday 17th August 2013 in News
My Forever – whose song The World Won’t Wait was named as Record of the Week on BBC Radio One – is one of the headline acts at Silsden’s mini Glastonbury Festival next weekend.
The band, whose lead singer Sebastian Santabarbara is from Sutton-in-Craven, will perform at Silsdenbury Fest next Saturday, August 24.
It is the town’s second music festival. Last year’s inaugural event, Diamond Do, attracted more than 1,500 people.
Andrew Conway, one of the leading lights, said: “It’s going to be an event for everyone. It’s free and there will be mostly local performers. Everything is going fine and I am looking forward to it.”
Silsdenbury Fest will be staged in Silsden Park over the August Bank Holiday weekend, with bands performing in a marquee accommodating 1,000 people.
Others will be able to see the performers on a giant screen outside.
As well as My Forever, Saturday will see performances from The Assembly, Emmott and the Folkestra, Born Thief, Big Band and Ska Face.
Sunday’s line-up showcases 15 local bands and musicians, including Daniel Kennedy, John Harrison, Silsden Singers, Janet Russell, Jularah, Dale G, Big Jim and The Broken Strings, Rob Thorn, Frankie One O and Chris Dinsdale.
There will also be a fun fair and stalls.
The festival has been financed through grants, but Mr Conway said the event could not be sustained in its present format.
“It has taken hours and hours of letter writing to get the money and we are still £1,500 short, so we will be asking for donations.
“Once this festival is over, we will sit down and see where we are going. It might be a completely different event next year.
“We will try to keep it going as long as people support it.”
Comments are closed on this article.