Passengers hand over petition protesting at reduced bus service

5:02pm Monday 2nd June 2014

BUS passengers demanding action to improve a stop-gap service set up after the shock closure of Pennine Motors have handed over a petition to county councillors.

There were more than 1,250 signatures on the petition, asking for an improvement to the 16-seater replacement minibus service on the Skipton to Settle route.

The petition was given to County Councillor Shelagh Marshall, a member of County Hall's transport task group, at Gargrave on Tuesday. It will be discussed by councillors on the Craven Area Committee at its meeting next Thursday.

Ian Flynn, of Hellifield, one of the petition organisers, said people had been queueing up to sign, which showed the strength of feeling about the issue.

He said: " There is huge dismay about this - something must be done about it now, not further down the line. We have heard there may be another operator willing to take on the route, but there needs to be immediate action."

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

Craven Herald: Site Logo http://www.cravenherald.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.cravenherald.co.uk/trade_directory/