VILLAGERS in Craven have been ringing the changes - by moving the telephone box which stood outside Hebden Post Office since 1936.
The post office and shop closed at the start of this year after 100 years of trading, and Linda Wilson, who was postmistress in the village for 30 years, decided she did not want the bright red box outside her home.
Now Hebden Parish Council has stepped in to "adopt" the phone box, which weighs three-quarters of a tonne, after paying just £1 for the privilege.
Threshfield firm Lambert's Transport and Engineering moved the box to its new home outside Hebden Village Institute on the back of one of its lorries.
But anyone wishing to make a call is in for a long wait - the box no longer has a phone inside it.
Parish councillors are currently considering various ideas, mostly of an artistic and cultural nature, of what the box could be used for in the future.