SETTLE’S cricketers made a rousing clean sweep last week, with the firsts beating Whalley to march on to the 20/20 semi-finals, and leaping to fifth in the Senior League with a two-wicket win at Baxenden.

The seconds demolished Stacksteads in Division Two, then overcame Edenfield in the second round of the Lawrensen Cup.

Pro Imran Khalid lit up Marshfield with a truly sensational century from 55 balls, smashing eleven fours and six sixes on the way. Settle’s total of 193-4 in 20 overs was never on the cards for Whalley as Khalid also starred with the ball in a return of 6-22 from his four overs.

Khalid was still in excellent nick at Baxenden with a haul of 5-60, backed up by 2-47 from Andrew Davidson, with two stumpings and two catches by in-form keeper David Worthington as the hosts were all out for 174.

Under-15 Simon Tarbox earned his place by catching pro Asif Iqbal behind square. In reply, Khalid had cruised to 16 runs before being adjudged bowled after the umpire controversially reversed his original decision.

The cause was then taken up by two sets of brothers, Robbie and Tom Davidson (16 and 25) and Laurence and Eddy Read (20 and 18), but it was a resolute unbeaten maiden half-century for Settle by Jack Harrison which hauled the visitors to victory with five overs to spare.

Stacksteads have sadly not won a game for four years so were easy meat for the seconds in another extremely uncompetitive affair.

Josh Mullinder took 4-5, James Pickard 2-16 and Ethan Henare 2-13 as they struggled to 71 all out. Mullinder (35) and John Davidson (23) were then unbeaten as the game finished inside ten overs.

The cup game was very worthwhile watching with Edenfield posting 138 all out as Rupert Bunday took 3-30, with two wickets apiece for John Tarbox, Kieren Ashley and Henare. At the crease, Tarbox hit 30 and Bunday 37, followed by solid contributions from Henare (19), James Holgate (14) and Peter Cook returning from injury with 12 not out as Settle prevailed at 141-6.

Barnoldswick are in danger near the foot for Division One as they suffered a 77-run defeat in a high-scoring encounter with title-chasing Great Harwood at Victory Park. Australian all rounder Jack Wildermuth  made 108 as Great Harwood scored 293-4 before the home side was dismissed for 216.

Glorious weather greeted the Earby team and the ground looked a picture at Read.

Kyle O'connor won the toss for the home team and decided to bat first. Mohammed Zafran and Joe Marshall opened for the homesters against the bowling of Richard Craddock and Ian Clarkson.

A steady start for the batting side saw them reach the 50 mark off 15 overs but importantly without the loss of a wicket.

Chris Walton and Ian White were given the nod to try their luck and it was Walton that got the breakthrough, trapping Zafran lbw for 42.

Ian White struggled and went for 29 off his three over spell. Skipper Craddock threw the ball to his professional Dave Crotty, who along with Walton started to make inroads into the Read order.

Walton added O'Connor to his tally and bowled a reasonably tight spell. Crotty picked up the vital wicket of Joe Marshall and the dangerous John Harvey, followed by the Read pro Brandon Scullard, lbw for just two.

Thirty overs down and Read were just 120 for 5. Earby thought they had a chance of restricting them to a very achievable target. Walton was replaced after a thirteen over spell with 2 for 56 by Lee Parkinson's left arm medium pace but Conor Lowes took a liking to this and despatched him for four sixes and a four off his one and only over.

Craddock felt he had to bring himself back into the attack and struck second ball, having Conor Lowes caught by Clarkson. Elliot Lowes and Turner (19) piled on the agony along with Ahmed (14no). They added 78 runs in the last 10 overs to leave Earby chasing 257 to win. Crotty was the pick of the bowlers with 3-48.

Walton and Sam Munns opened for Earby and put together a nice platform of 42 in the first 10 overs.

Scullard, in his sixth over, clean bowled Munns, which brought the Earby pro to the middle. Along with Walton, he guided the score to 67 before Walton was adjudged LBW for 48 and Crotty was given out caught behind off John Harvey four runs later.

Matt Wilson departed first ball, given out LBW despite there appearing to be an inside edge on to his pad. Danny Kegg and Andy Jaggers had to almost start again with the Earby reply and had passed the hundred mark with 20 overs remaining when Jaggers was clean bowled by Andrew Rushton for 21.

It was 105 for 5 and the pressure was now on Kegg and the Earby skipper Craddock to get the visitors within striking distance. A 50 partnership gave Earby hope until Craddock's 23 ball innings for 33 ended with Harvey catching him off Taylor.

Kegg was running out of partners and only number 11 batsman Ian White (10) really stayed with Kegg for any time, Taylor eventually having White caught with Earby on 191 all out and Kegg stranded on 40 not out.

Taylor ended with four wickets for 41 off his seven over spell.