Tadcaster Albion 5 Barnoldswick Town 0

Town's miserable start to the season continued as they conceded five goals for the second-successive game to bow out of the FA Cup at the extra preliminary round stage.

Town included new signing Ishmael Mills who had previously played for Eccleshill United.

Matthew Cavanagh was in the starting line-up having sacrificed his cricket to play.

The match started predictably with the home team on the offensive, and it was no surprise when the Town defence was ripped to shreds after nine minutes leaving Calum Ward all alone on the edge of the penalty area. He took the ball forward before slipping it past Edward Hall in the Town goal.

Town responded straight away, Joel Melia crossing from the Tadcaster right, Mark Threlfall tried to bring it under control just outside the six yard area when a header would have probably been the better option, and the chance had gone.

Tadcaster were quick on the break and when Carl Ellerton’s cross was cleared it left a huge gap down the Town left. The ball landed at the feet of Josh Greening who should have scored but shot wide with the goal at his mercy.

Tadcaster were looking to wrap the game up before half-time, and after 39 minutes Ward picked up the ball after George Bissett had flicked it on, he took it just inside the right corner of the Town penalty area before trying to chip Hall, fortunately for Town the ball drifted past Hall’s far post.

Three minutes later Ward brought a good save out of Hall, and then again Ward caused Hall to dive and tip the ball onto the outside of his post for a corner.

Town went in at the halfway stage only one goal down when they could have been out of sight.

Right at the start of the second half Hall was again called into action, having to save well from a Greening shot.

But six minutes into the half Tadcaster increased their lead, Carl Stewart found himself with an easy chance as he slipped the ball past Hall.

The Town defence seemed to lose their way as first Greening had a shot that just went wide and Mills had to make a great tackle to stop Ward from scoring again.

Then on the hour the game was taken away from Town as Tadcaster scored their third goal from the penalty spot after Ellerton brought an opponent down. Stewart sent Hall the wrong way from the spot.

Stewart fired just wide before Greening headed against the post and Stewart was on hand to complete his hat-trick.

Substitute Mitch Hamilton tapped in the fifth goal to complete Town's misery.

Aaran Reid in the Tadcaster goal had a quiet afternoon and was rarely troubled by the Town forwards. Only a couple of shots, one from Melia, the other from Mills had any venom in them.