FARSLEY Celtic dropped two points from their trip to Wales but are now two points clear at the top of the Evo-Stik Division One North table after title rivals Lancaster City suffered an away-day defeat.

The Celts were twice pegged back by a good Colwyn Bay side but  returned with what could be a crucial point as the showdown between Farsley and the Dolly Blues looks set to go right to the wire.

Aiden Savory returned from suspension to head the Celts into a 43rd- minute lead but the home side hit back just before the hour through Danny Andrews.

Farsley edged back in front when Jordan Deacey slotted in when the home keeper failed to hold a free-kick but Celts’ keeper Graeme McKibbon also spilled a set-piece, and Jamie Rainford pounced.

The Celts profited as Lancaster lost at Droylsden but there could yet be another twist as Farsley face a derby against third-placed Ossett Town today, while the Dolly Blues host near-neighbours Kendal Town.

Brighouse Town kept their slim promotion hopes alive with a 3-0 win at Radcliffe Borough.

Mike Fish converted a first-half penalty, while Sam Hewitt and substitute Adam Field, who had replaced Fish in the second half, headed goals after the interval.

Paul Quinn’s Town are three points outside the play-off places with just six to play for as they host second-from-bottom Goole AFC today.

Thackley remained fifth in the Premier Division of the Toolstation Northern Counties East League after a 2-1 win at third-placed Bridlington Town.

With no play-offs in the division, both clubs were playing for pride only, and the Dennyboys took the plaudits as a Luke Robinson brace put them in charge before Jack Walters netted a last-minute consolation.

There was a home victory for Liversedge but Jonathan Rimmington’s men were forced to hang on after racing to a 4-1 half-time lead.

A brace from Alfie Raw and strikes from Brandon Kane and Harrison Blakey put them in control but visitors Bottesford Town netted a second- half penalty and a late goal to make it 4-3, bringing a nervy ending.

Albion Sports suffered a heavy defeat though as they went down 4-1 at Handsworth Parramore, with the Parras holding on to fourth spot after a good second half.

Alex Rippon put them in front with the only goal of the first half but Connor Smythe and Reece Hands added to that before Rhys Jenkinson pulled one back for the Lions.

Aaron Moxam wrapped up the scoring with last-minute penalty.

Eccleshill United romped to a big home win in Division One as they demolished Winterton Rangers 4-0.

Matt Mathers bagged a first-half brace, while Liam Hudson and Andy Cooper netted after the break.

There are no fixtures on Easter Monday in the NCEL but Silsden host struggling Atherton LR in Division One of the Hallmark Security League after a 2-1 win at Holker Old Boys on Saturday.

The Cobbydalers needed a last-minute winner from Mark Trueman, and the three points took them up to tenth.

Mark Everingham had broken the deadlock before the home side’s John-Paul Stanway levelled just after the half-hour.