The Craven District Council (Off Street Parking Places) and (Consolidation) Order 2017 NOTICE OF PROPOSALNotice ID: MF0199021
The Craven District Council (Off Street Parking Places) and (Consolidation) Order 2017
NOTICE OF PROPOSAL
NOTICE is hereby given that Craven District Council, with the consent of the North Yorkshire County Council and the Chief Officer of Police, intends to make an Order, with modifications, under Sections 32, 33, 35, 39 and Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) the effect of which will be:
1. To replace and revoke the following Order: The Craven District Council (Off-Street Parking Places) and (Consolidation) Order 2015.
2. Consolidate the existing provisions set out in the above Order;
3. Introduce provision for overnight parking for HGVs in the Council’s Pay and Display Car Parks (except Waller Hill, Skipton, Bunkers Hill, Skipton, Ashfield, Settle and Community Centre, Ingleton where HGV parking will be prohibited) at a charge of £10.00 per night between the hours of 6pm and 8am, within the areas designated on the plans for each parking place;
4. Introduce provisions for the parking of motorhomes within 3 designated spaces on Coach Street Car Park, Skipton and 3 designated spaces at Greenfoot Car Park, Settle, at a charge of £5.00 per night with a maximum of 3 consecutive nights between the hours of 6pm and 9am;
5. Introduce “pop and shop” parking on Coach Street, Skipton car park, allowing for 30 minutes parking at a charge of £0.20 in 10 designated “pop and shop” parking bays;
6. Introduce “pop and shop” parking on Community Centre, Ingleton car park, allowing for parking at a charge of £0.20 up to 45 minutes in designated parking bays;
7. Remove some land at Skipton Bus Station Car Park, to allow for other uses;
8. Adds new definitions and plans for clarity and to assist with the effective management of off street car parking places within the District.
A copy of the draft Order, Statement of Reasons and Maps showing the sites affected along with copies of the Order which is to be revoked as set out above may be inspected at the Council Offices, 1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, BD23 1FJ between the hours of 9am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Any representation or objections with respect to the Order, specifying the grounds on which they are made, should be sent in writing to the Solicitor to the Council at the address given below within 21 days of the publication of this notice.
A Moppett, Solicitor to the Council Council Offices, 1 Belle Vue Square, Skipton, BD23 1FJ