ONE of the most remote homes in the Yorkshire Dales, that sits in isolation at the end of a long track in Littondale accessible only by an off-road vehicle, is for sale with Dacre Son & Hartley.

Cosh Farm is a former farmhouse, which is known locally as ‘the last house up the dale’, and it is on the market for £600,000.

Its owners, Edward and Amy Pickards, bought the property as first time buyers and set about bringing the semi derelict property back to its former glory. Ed is a stonemason and builder, he put his skills to good use restoring the property.

In the past, the farm had been used by youth hostel groups, before it was rented by a couple with six children. They had lived in the property with no electricity. Ed and Amy got planning permission to transform the property and add a garage and store. They started the two-year project in 2006.

Creating a rare and rural home, Cosh Farm now has a 6kv wind turbine which generates 90 per cent of its electricity – the other 10 per cent comes from water turbines and a battery bank. Water comes form a natural spring and the property has the all-important internet connection.

Mark Kane, from Dacres in Skipton, said: “With three good sized bedrooms this beautiful former farmhouse with an annexe and just over an acre of land enjoys an amazing position with the very best, unspoilt countryside views.

“Edward and Amy have done a fantastic job creating a wonderful family home that is off-grid but still has all the mod-cons!”

Cosh Farm is the most northerly house in Littondale and is accessed via a 1.5 mile track. Entry to the house is via a porch, which in turn leads into a dining hall and gives access to a staircase leading to the first floor.

On the ground floor the living room has a wood burning stove and windows to three sides to make the most of the unspoilt and stunning location.

The dining hall opens into the kitchen, which has aspects to the front and rear. The farmhouse kitchen has fabulous handmade country style units along with a central island unit, stone floor, doorway to the front and access to the utility room which has a Belfast sink and plumbing for a washing machine. A shower room leads off the utility room with a three-piece suite that includes a walk-in shower.

On the first floor, the principal bedroom has a walk-in dressing area, windows to two sides that provide excellent views over the valley and a shower room with a three-piece suite. There are two further bedrooms, both with fabulous views over the valley and the house bathroom has a roll top bath.

Mark added: “Another selling point of this property is the annex building, which has planning permission for conversion - subject to conditions - and is part-converted at the moment. This could offer two bedrooms, with a living room and kitchen / diner on the first floor and two bedrooms, study and shower room to the ground floor – ideal for renting out perhaps.”

To arrange an online or in person viewing of Cosh Farm at Halton Gill contact Dacres in Skipton on 01756 701 010. For full details visit: