AN inquest has been held into the death of a man found dead at his friend’s flat in Barnoldswick.

Dean Swan, 47, was found unresponsive on the sofa in the friend’s living room in Essex Street on June 1.

The inquest was told that he had been staying at the flat for about three weeks.

The court heard Mr Swan and his friend had stayed up the night before smoking cannabis.

The friend woke the next morning and went out, and on their return noticed some vomit on the floor and went to check on Mr Swan.

She called another friend who called the emergency services, but he was pronounced dead.

A post-mortem examination did not find a natural cause of death, but a toxicology report showed the blood methadone concentration was within the range found in fatalities.

Coroner Richard Taylor recorded a conclusion of a drug and alcohol related death.