Barnoldswick Town 4 West Didsbury & Chorlton 1

BARNOLDSWICK Town notched up their third-successive Hallmark Security League Premier Division win at the Silentnight Stadium on Saturday.

Their upturn in form has seen them score 13 goals and concede just one to consolidate their mid-table position.

The wet weather finally relented and allowed new signing Marc Young to make his first start since his transfer from

Both sides had early chances before Mark Threlfall muscles his way through the visitors’ defence and fired against the outside of a post.

Within a minute, Town were ahead. A square pass from a West Didsbury defender was intercepted by Joel Melia who beat Steven Dryden from 12 yards.

Dryden was kept busy as the home side continued to press. He made a point-blank save in the 25th minute before Shaun Airey hit the crossbar from the rebound.

Just before half-time, Melia once again beat Joshua Tinker to the ball and shot just wide.

It only took Town four minutes after the break to double their lead. Threlfall showed good awareness to turn home a cross at the near post.

Three minutes later he added his second when he tapped home at the far post from ben Gorman’s cross

Thomas Bailey went close for the visitors on the hour before his side pulled back a goal when Ashley Woods finished off a good move after 67 minutes.

The Visitors began to press more with Bailey forcing Connor King into a good save a minute later.

Town still looked dangerous and when Threlfall was clean through after 75 minutes it looked as if he would complete his hat-trick until Dryden saved with his leg.

With Didsbury pressing for a second goal, Town cleared and set the lively Joel Melia running clear.

Melia’s cross cleared Harold Hagon in the centre of the defence and landed at the feet of Zack Dale who rounded Dryden before slipping the ball home from a tight angle.

Threlfall shot wide when another good chance presented itself before Didsbury produced a late flurry. Bailey and substitute Steven Settle had shots cleared off the line, while keeper Connor King saved well from Joseph Shaw.

Town’s next game is at Widnes on Saturday.