KIERAN Frost was at the double, scoring a brace of tries as Wharfedale boosted their National League Two North survival hopes with a brilliant 44-19 victory over Hinckley on home turf.

The win moves them just three points behind relegation rivals Blaydon with two games of the season remaining.

Dale opened the scoring after 14 minutes when a strong run from Robbie Davidson was recycled and Toms Asejevs surged into the 22. The move was finished off by Frost, who saw off two defenders and rounded one more to get nearer the posts.

Tom Barrett added the extras and slotted over a penalty to extend the lead. The penalty coming after a good break by Barrett himself.

Hinckley came back strongly with a well-worked unconverted try from Joe Glover. Forwards and backs combined to surge towards Dale’s line, with the home side's good defence finally broken by a Glover dart on the blindside.

Dale did try to build again but soon it was Hinckley’s turn to exert pressure and attack. With Dale sucked into the break down, Joe Wilson found room to pop over from short range. He converted his own try to put the visitors ahead.

Their lead did not last long as Dale went through six phases after Hinckley kicked the restart back to them. This set up position in midfield and a glimpse of Phil Woodhead at his best.

A massive dummy saw the slippery scrum half break into the open with only one player to beat. He chipped the last man, Wilson, and set off but the fly half stuck out a foot and tripped Woodhead up.

Wilson was only yellow carded but referee Jamie Leahy decided, as there was no defender, a penalty try was also necessary. This meant that Dale went into the break with a 17-12 lead.

Frost opened the second half with a fine individual try. An offload from Rob Baldwin was moved to Davidson who fed Frost. He received the ball just outside Hinckley’s 22 and broke two tackles to run in and score.

The restart was taken by Baldwin who set off on a 30-metre run, carrying tacklers and refusing to go down. Again, Hinckley scrambled, but a penalty was quickly conceded which Barrett slotted to give Dale a 13-point cushion.

Hinckley struck back with a converted try from Gary Turner, but Dale ended the contest strongly.

Woodhead made a break from a ruck on his own 10-metre line to touch down under the posts for a converted score.

It was vintage stuff with Dale’s scrum half looking both ways before picking the ball up and throwing another dummy to create the gap which he shot through.

Finishing with a flourish, Oliver Cicognini rounded off a sweeping move and then a Barrett break and chip saw him score under the posts.

Barrett converted the last try to give Dale the warmth of a resounding victory and the confidence boost they needed going into the last two matches of the season.

Wharfedale: Robbie Davidson, Josh Prell, Joel Gill, Tom Davidson (Will Lawn 74), Oliver Cicognini, Tom Barrett, Phil Woodhead (c), Toms Asejevs (Joe Altham 69), Dan Stockdale (Stevie Graham 76), Reece Ward, Rob Baldwin (Josh Burridge 57), Kieran Frost, Matty Houghton (Chris Swainson 69), James Tyson, George Hedgley.