Silsden 0

Bootle 7

TEN-MAN Silsden failed to build on the previous week's victory in Hallmark Security League Premier Division, as they crashed to a home rout.

The opening exchanges of this game showed no indication of what the final result would be.

A month ago the Cobbydalers travelled to Bootle and lost 2-0 after Josh Kaine had been dismissed as two opponents chased a ball down.

The visitors started brightly with some slick passing but Silsden managed to fend them off.

The Merseysiders were the first to create an opening when Lee Hughes crossed to Ryan Cox, who back heeled the ball towards the net.

Reece Lyndon cleared for a corner, Ben Jago took it but Sean Coulton’s header sailed over the bar. After a rotation of passes, Connor Millington shot wide.

Silsden's first foray forwards saw Aidan Kirby feeding Craig Bentham, whose powerful effort was blocked.

Back came Bootle with Matt Coughlan sliding a ball through to Carl Pears but his shot was cleared by Lyndon.

Chris Wademan slipped the ball to Kirby but his cross eluded Joe Gaughan.

A minute later Wademan broke past three defenders, only to be halted by Coulton. He was shown a yellow card.

A minute later Mark Everingham found Gaughan, who hit a low shot from 25 yards which Jones saved at full stretch.

On 23 minutes, Kirby was dismissed. Two minutes earlier he had been booked for foul and abusive language. He was then involved in a fracas in front of the dug-outs.

Kirby is one of six Silsden players to have been sent off this season.

Two minutes after the restart Hughes crossed and Cox put the visitors ahead.

Everingham broke up the next attack before Lyndon headed down a corner to Luke Rhodes, who saw his powerful shot saved by Jones.

Gaughan was substituted as a precaution. Matty Moses replaced him. The Cobbydalers had started without Joe Mitchell (on the bench), Illingworth, Kaine and Sultan and had Barnes at centre back and Storrie at right back. The lack of height led to the second goal with Coulton nodding a corner home at the far post.

Silsden boss Danny Forrest had the chance to get the 10 men focused at half time, but three minutes after the restart a powerful shot from Cox was parried by Lee and Carl Pears followed up to make it 3-0.

When Lyndon headed a corner into the path of Cox he buried it.

Mitchell came on for Everingham and soon hit a screamer. It was just wide.

A mix-up at the back between Lee and Barnes gave Mike Ordish time and space to pass the ball into the unguarded net. No one seemed to be prepared to make a solid defence in order to prevent a whitewash.

The midfield was overrun and Pears made it six two minutes later.

Storrie made a brilliant run from the halfway into the goal area. His shot was saved and he appeared to pick up a groin injury.

Unfortunately, the disarray in the team and the lack of guile led to the heaviest defeat in recent times. Goodwin added the seventh three minutes from time.

Silsden: Lee, Storrie, Everingham (Mitchell 68), Barnes, Lyndon, Rhodes, Wademan, Kirby, Gaughan (Moses 33), Trueman. Subs not used: Jakovlevs, Kaine