BARNOLDSWICK Town scored two equalisers in an entertaining 2-2 draw against Runcorn Town at Viridor Community Stadium on Saturday.

Barnoldswick Town should have gone 1-0 up in the fourth minute when a ball at the far post fell to Lewis Morgan for a tap in, but Runcorn keeper Adam Reid clawed it away on the line.

Two minutes later, a great strike from 25 yards by Danny Byrnes into the top corner gave Runcorn Town a 1-0 lead.

Then in the 11th minute, Barnoldswick got a goal back on a strike by top scorer Zack Dale.

Runcorn had a chance in the 25th when Shaun Tuck's shot went wide.

Although both teams continued to play good football, they went into half-time tied at 1-1.

The second half got off to slow start as the wind and rain took hold of the game.

Then in 56th minute, Jack Coop went through on goal but his shot was cleared.

Town had a another chance two minutes later when Shaun Airey's header was cleared off the line by Simon Thelwell. Teal Amos' follow-up with was saved by keeper Adam Reid.

The home team then struck in the 62nd minute when a Thelwell free-kick was headed out to Francois Antoine, whose shot was deflected in.

Just two later, the visitors equalised with a goal by Shaun Airey.

Town make a couple of substitutions with Daniel Vincent coming on for Morgan and new signing Harry Foulds, making his second appearance for the club, came on for Teal Amos.

Town still had chances, and in the 82nd minute they had two shots blocked before Dale's low shot was saved by the keeper.

With conditions deteriorating, both teams continued to play passing football and three minutes from time Coop had another shot from the edge of the box that came off the post as the entertaining game ended at 2-2.

Barnoldswick Town's East Lancashire League side made it three wins on the bounce with a 1-0 victory at home to Feniscowles and Pleasington.

The visitors missed several good chances to take the lead during the first half as the young Town team survived an onslaught from their opponents, and Town keeper Adam Wormwell made a couple of fine saves.

Feniscowles had a penalty claim rejected on 46 minutes but from this point the game swung in Town’s favour, and in the 55th minute Jordan Slade pierced the visitors' defence outpacing two defenders before hitting a fine low shot to give Town all three points.