Hallmark Security League North West Counties Premier Division: Silsden 0 Litherland REMYCA 2

Hallmark Security League North West Counties First Division North: Cleator Moor Celtic 5 Steeton 4

A resurgent Silsden were stalled by a home defeat, as Litherland REMYCA denied Danny Forest’s men a third North West Counties Premier Division win on the spin.

Old adversary’s REMYCA took all three points back to Liverpool with them after skipper Colin Quirke bagged a late brace for a 2-0 victory.

It was an early start at the Cobbydale Construction Stadium as the home side requested a 2pm kick off and the visitors agreed.

The first half was competitive but goalless, and much of the second half followed the same pattern until the Merseyside outfit eventually broke the deadlock.

Quirk found half a yard of space in the area in the 78th minute and made the most of it.

The Litherland captain made the points safe inside stoppage time when he beat Cobbydalers’ keeper Callum Jakovlevs from the penalty spot after a foul on Colin McDonald inside the area.

Elsewhere, Steeton scored four goals away from home in the First Division North but still ended with no points after they lost a remarkable nine goal thriller despite home side Cleator Moor Celtic finishing the game with ten men.

The home side took the lead three times only to be pegged back on each occasion.

The first time Cleator Moor went in front was in the fifth minute through Liam Johnson, but Callum Meade soon equalised for Steeton.

Ryan Hall then netted as the home side edged back ahead, but Chevrons’ skipper Steve Pearson levelled to see the sides going into the break on level terms at 2-2.

The Celts were in front again just four minutes into the second half, Leigh Dunn beating visiting keeper Fletcher Paley.

But, as was the pattern of the day, Steeton got a third equaliser when Ben Clarkson scored a back-heeled goal.

Soon after that there was a red card for Cleator Moor’s first scorer, Johnston, and within minutes Clarkson had headed the Chevrons into the lead for the first time in the match.

The ten men fought back though and a penalty brought them level, Tom Mahone dispatching the spot kick.

It looked to be honours even, but a Steeton defensive error allowed Darren Little to grab an injury time winner for the Celts.