A LAST minute goal saw Barnoldswick Town go down to a 4-3 defeat in a cracking game at Silentnight Stadium on Monday.

Town for the first time for a while were able to name an unchanged side from Saturday's win at Padiham.

Both sides started at a brisk pace and forced both keepers into early action.

Town keeper Ryan Livesey pulled off two good saves before the opening goal came.

A poor clearance saw John Connolly catch Livesey in no man's land and he finished well to the keeper's left on 19 minutes.

Town though were soon back level when Andy Hill struck a belter into the top corner from the edge of the box from a well-worked corner.

The game swung from end to end and Northwich found themselves in front again when Billy Whittle found himself free to finish past Livesey.

Hill then picked up a booking for kicking the ball away, which was to cost him in the second half.

Just before half-time Zack Dale was played clean through by Ethan Kershaw and finished coolly past the Northwich keeper to make it 2-2 at half-time.

The second half saw no let up in the pace of the game, both teams going for it.

Northwich drew first blood when Brandon Barski finished well from a tight angle.

Town's James Crorken was booked for a late tackle and again this was to prove pivotal later on.

As Town looked for an equaliser, Vics tried to finish the game off.

Livesey pulled off another excellent stop, tipping over from a point blank header.

Town though weren't finished and that man Dale got his 37th of the season with a cracking finish across the keeper into the top corner.

Town carried on pressing and from a Dale through ball there was adjudged to have been an off the ball incident between Lewis Morgan and Vics centre half Grimshaw, who was given a straight red for his troubles.

The drama wasn't over though as Hill picked up a second yellow for a hand ball. Ten on ten and still the pace didn't slow.

Kershaw ran onto a loose ball and smashed a crisp strike from 35 yards, which rattled the underside of the bar and bounced out to safety.

Crorken was then caught in possession in the 89th minute and had no option but to pull his man down.

Town went down to nine and still pushed for a winner, but with the very last kick of the game, five minutes into extra time, Vics got the winner with a cracking strike from the edge of the box from Paul Ennis.

Town have a free Saturday, and then travel to Winsford to play 1874 Northwich on Tuesday. Kick-off is 7.45pm.