THE Craven League Premier Division title went down to the wire as Settle United pipped Silsden Whitestar by winning their final game of the season at Grassington United at the weekend.

Grassington have had several games in hand at the end of the season, and had to play both top of the league teams last week.

A brace by Aaron Woodhouse and goals by Nathan Bullock, Ben Phillips and substitute Matthew Cardus gave Settle United a 5-1 win against Grassington at Town End Field on Saturday. Matthew Brennand scored Grassington's only goal.

Silsden Whitestar did their part in the title race, winning their final game of the season against Grassington United 5-2 on Monday, April 29, at Town End Field.

Whitestar got off to a good start, leading 3-0 at half-time. Their five goals were shared by John Beckwith, Joshua Brown, Daniel McNulty, Josh Metcalfe and Andrew Kaye, while Oscar Canny scored a brace for Grassington.

But it was not to be for Whitestar, as Settle's victory on Saturday saw them win the league with 49 points, while Silsden Whitestar had to settle for runner-up on 48 points.

However, Silsden Whitestar will still have a chance at silverware when they play Settle United in the final of the Craven League's Premier Division Cup at 6.30pm next Tuesday at Cross Hills FC's ground, Sutton Playing Fields.

In another cup final, Trawden Celtic Juniors beat Division One side Cononley Sports Club 5-0 last Tuesday in the final of the Northern Plant Hire Trophy at Gargrave AFC.

Trawden got off to a fine start, leading 2-0 at half-time, and in the second half Thomas Swindells sealed his hat-trick to secure victory for the Premier Division side. Jake Bancroft and Ben Shaun were also on the scoresheet for the Lancashire team.

A day later, Salts 4ths beat 10-man iPlay FC 4-2 in the final of the Division Three Cup on Wednesday at Ramper Park.

Luke Lavery (2), Richard Magson and Joe Plesance all scored for Salts, while iPlay's Jacob Hopper bagged a brace but Richard Fowler was sent off.

In other league action, AFC Barnoldswick secured the Division Two title by beating Broomhill Reserves 4-0 at Bronte Fields on Saturday.

A brace by man of the match Callum Uttley and goals by Gary Storey and Aidan Warhurst saw the West Craven side's 48 points pip Grassington United Reserves to the division title by two points.