SILSDEN faced a third consecutive derby day in the Northern Counties East Premier Division and, after back-to-back draws with Albion Sports, they earned three points with a 2-1 home win over Eccleshill United .

Lee Elam’s Eagles were the better side in the first half but had just the one goal to show for it, Eli Hey giving the visitors a tenth-minute lead. The Cobbydalers tuned the game with two goals in a seven-minute spell just after the hour-mark.

Jake Taylor-Mountford seized on a defensive error to equalise before Eccleshill’s Talent Ndlovu unwittingly turned a low cross past his own keeper.

Albion and Liversedge were both frustrated by postponements and it was a bad day for Thackley as they lost 6-1 at Garforth Town. The Dennyboys had Seb Scaroni sent off midway through the first half and they never recovered.

Scaroni was dismissed after seeing red when he thought he had been fouled, launching himself into a challenge to regain possession. The Miners made the most of their man advantage as they broke the deadlock five minutes later and added another just before half-time, Sam Baker and Sean Hunter the scorers.

Mark Simpson made it three just minutes into the second half and that was the end of Thackley’s comeback hopes. Hunter went on to claim a hat-trick with goals either side of an Alex Low strike, before Asa Mitchell netted a last minute consolation goal.

It was also a bad day for Farsley Celtic in the National North as they lost 4-2 at home despite visitors Boston United having two men sent off. The Pilgrims’ Martyn Woolford picked up a red for an off the ball incident just minutes after the Celts had levelled at 2-2.

It was all action as Boston were awarded two penalties, one for handball and the other for a foul, Jordan Thewlis converting both. The first spot-kick opened the scoring but Jimmy Spencer equalised.

Boston re-took the lead in the second half through Dom Knowles before Will Hayhurst’s equaliser on the hour mark. After Woolford had gone, Thewlis bagged his brace, from the spot, and Brad Abbott wrapped up the scoring in the third of five added minutes.

Brighouse Town’s opponents Trafford also had two penalties but the Orange Army’s keeper Jordan Porter saved the first one as his side beat Trafford 2-1 in the BetVictor North West Division.

Town broke the deadlock when Joe Jagger headed in minutes after the interval and Shiraz Khan doubled their lead before Darius Palma scored Trafford’s second spot kick.

There was no joy for Steeton in Division One North of the North West Counties League as they were beaten 5-0 at Cougar Park by Emley AFC.

The visitors were two goals up at the break and they rattled in three more with the Chevrons ending with ten men after James Ngoe got his marching orders after a 73rd minute booking which was his second yellow card.

Rob Bordman bagged a brace, one from the penalty spot, while Tom Rose, Alex Metcalf and substitute Finn Donovan were Emley’s other scorers.