A SECOND half flourish saw an unbeaten Wharfedale Foresters team win their 11th match of the season by a score of 45-3 against Sheffield 2nds.

The forceful Foresters signalled their intent early when the first scrum saw Sheffield pushed back by a much lighter Foresters pack.

The pack, which included the front row of George Altham, Madison Hunting and Sam Dickinson, second row of Simon Borrill and Elliot Stockton, and back row of captain Tom Whyte, Ollie Snowden and Max Mountain, were on top for most of the game.

However, the first ten minutes was a feeling-out period where neither team could find any domination.

But after a sustained period of attacking play, Max Mountain dashed in for a try, which was converted by Rory MacNab.

The remainder of the first half saw a number of mistakes made by the Greens in their attempts to open up the game, and the only other score was a penalty conversion by the visitors making the half-time score 7-3.

After discussing tactics during the break, the second half saw the Foresters at their dominant best.

The half-back partnership of the dependable Will Lawn and the developing fly-half Louis Verity began to flourish.

Fred Hewetson, Max Bell, Ralph Wellock and Bradley Viner all ran the ball with vitality. Wellock, in particular, was excellent in open play.

Full-back MacNab linked up whenever necessary and kicked well from hand and from dead ball.

One of the strengths of the Foresters has always been the substitutes and this game was no exception.

Tom Jackson, Jake Parkinson, Joe Fawcett and Sam Mason all contributed when called upon, and Parkinson was impressive with his squirrelling bursts.

A bullocking run from Mountain allowed Wellock to go over for an unconverted try.

Then a lovely move by the backs and forwards allowed Stockton to crash over, which was soon followed by a try from Borrill. One try was converted and the other one missed.

Another break by Wellock allowed Sam Mason to add his name to the try scorers. It was converted and the score was 38-3.

Sheffield never gave in, but after evading four tackles Ollie Snowdon scored a brilliant final try, which was converted once again by Macnab to make the final score 45-3.

Foresters: George Altham, Madison Hunting, Sam Dickinson, Simon Borrill, Elliot Stockton, Tom Whyte (c) Ollie Snowdon, Max Mountain,Will Lawn, Louis Verity, Fred Hewetson, Max Bell, Ralph Wellock, Bradley Viner, Rory MacNab. Replacements: Tom Jackson, Jake Parkinson, Joe Fawcett, Sam Mason.