SILSDEN travelled to title-chasing Yorkshire Amateur on Saturday and made the most of their opponents' indifferent home record to grab an impressive 1-1 draw in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

The Ammers, who have won 10 of their 11 away league games but only three at home, began on the front foot, but it was the Cobbydalers who went closest to opening their account from a superb counter attack.

Full-back Connor Thompson broke up the left and exchanged passes with Laurence Sorhaindo, before the ball was slid to Arley Barnes. Barnes hit an excellent volley but it went just wide of the far post.

Silsden thought they had taken the lead on 10 minutes when Liam Hudson set up Dan Illingworth to head home, but the whistle went for an infringement.

A minute later, Sorhaindo headed on to Jake Taylor, who saw his powerful shot well saved by Edward Wilczynski.

The Ammers broke swiftly and Silsden were fortunate that Leon Henry’s header bounced on to the crossbar.

Josh Kaine was then called into the action, making a superb block from Aiden Savoury’s thunderbolt. The skipper recovered quickly to clear Adam Priestley’s dangerous cross, with Savoury poised to open the scoring.

At the other end, Sorhaindo headed Illingworth’s throw-in wide but he was always a threat, just failing to net when clever play from Shazad Khurram set him up.

Both sides had chances in the dying minutes. Ben Higginson saved at Savoury’s feet after a corner had been swung in and then Sorhaindo burst through at the other end before shooting just wide of the far post.

The second half started with the home side battering at the Silsden goal. Kaine was booked for a late challenge, Illingworth blocked two close range efforts, before Higginson somehow managed to get a strong hand on Stephen Crawford's point-blank attempt.

Roy Fogarty shot over before Kaine broke up another attack, and despite Silsden creating a couple of half-chances of their own, Ammers' pressure eventually told when a corner was swung in.

Matthew Dempsey’s scissors kick rattled the bar and Fogarty volleyed home from close range.

Silsden almost levelled immediately from a corner. Instead of swinging it into the box, Khurram laid it back to Thompson, but the full back’s shot cleared the bar.

A curling free-kick from Khurram shaved the outside of the post before Higginson tipped Fogarty’s shot over the bar and then saved a header from Savoury.

But Silsden dug deep and equalised seven minutes from time. Substitute Chris Wademan latched on to a through ball and outpaced two defenders, before finding the back of the net.

Wademan almost scored a second after Wilczynski had dropped Illingworth’s header, but unfortunately his effort was cleared off the line.

Two more saves by Higginson ensured the points were shared in what was a pulsating game.

Tomorrow's NCEL League Cup game with Nostell Miners Welfare looks like it may be postponed due to the after-effects of Storm Ciara, meaning the Cobbydalers could be without a game until February 22, when they entertain AFC Mansfield in the league.

It will be a “Pay-What- You-Want” game, with the profits going to charity in honour of the late Tom Marshall.