FOLLOWING last Wednesday’s 3-1 victory at league leaders Staveley Miners Welfare, Silsden travelled to fourth placed Bridlington and emerged with another good result, this time a 2-2 draw.

A Jake Taylor-Mountford penalty and a Laurence Sorhaindo strike saw the visitors go ahead twice, but the Seasiders dug themselves out of a hole to earn a point.

Sorhaindo was inches away from winning the game for Silsden at the death, but his looping effort hit the crossbar.

This was one of only three games in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division due to the weather.

On a windy afternoon, Silsden were the first to create an opportunity. Myles Foley drove the ball up the right, but Taylor-Mountford’s header went just off target.

James Hitchcock, the Seasiders’ keeper, denied Taylor-Mountford another chance, running out of his area to clear a through ball.

Eventually, Bridlington settled. Tom Waudby had one effort blocked by Josh Kaine for a corner before he headed a cross from the left over the bar. The hosts continued to push forwards and it was the imperious Kaine who twice more blocked low shots.

The best chance for Brid came on 17 minutes when Billy Logan headed goalwards, but only into the safe hands of Ben Higginson.

Silsden were struggling, and had Lewis Dennison got any contact on a superb cross from Lewis Taylor, the home side would have opened their account midway through the first half.

Minutes later, Foley blocked a shot from Waudby, but 10 minutes before the break, against the run of play, the Cobbydalers went in front.

Khurram Shazad found enough space to slip the ball through into the penalty area, where Sorhaindo was tripped by the Brid keeper.

Taylor-Mountford took the spot kick, which hit the back of the net despite Hitchcock getting a hand on it.

Skipper Kaine continued to defend superbly. In a five minute spell, he twice blocked shots from Logan at the expense of two corners and one effort from Joe McFadyen.

Waudby then broke through from a throw in on the right before the captain intervened again.

A superb through ball put McFadyen clear just before half-time but he shot wide, as Brid were left to rue their profligacy at the interval.

The wind eased slightly in the second half, and Arley Barnes blocked a shot from Logan, before Dan Illingworth was on hand to deny the home side a deserved equaliser.

Sorhaindo, easily the Cobbydalers’ best outlet, was halted in the act of shooting, then Joe Mitchell’s low shot was saved and Foley’s strike, from the edge of the area, went just wide.

But the next action saw McFayden level the scores from the spot, following a foul by Silsden in their own 18-yard box.

With fatigue creeping in for the Cobbydalers. Mitchell blocked a shot from McFadyen and Foley was fortunate in deflecting a Brid shot wide. Chris Jenkinson even tried an overhead kick which cleared the bar.

But Sorhaindo still had the energy to latch on to a long ball to burst past Benn Lewis and fire home off the inside of the far post to give Silsden the lead.

With five minutes to go though, Illingworth conceded a free kick on the edge of the box and Waudby hit a screamer into the top corner to level things up.

A draw looked on the cards but with the last kick of the game, Sorhaindo’s looping volley hit the crossbar. That was tough luck for the Cobbydalers, but a defeat would have felt like daylight robbery for the home side.

Silsden are now unbeaten in five and have moved up to 10th. Next up, they host Goole AFC this Saturday, before travelling to Handsworth next Tuesday.