SILSDEN Whitestar beat Grassington United in a dramatic penalty shoot-out to advance to the semi-finals of the Northern Plant Hire Trophy.

After the two teams were level 1-1 at full-time, the visitors from Silsden beat Grassington 9-8 on penalties to set up a semi-final at Rolls on March 28.

James Hitch scored Whitestar's goal, while Grassington stay top of the Craven League's Premier Division, despite second placed Trawden Celtic Juniors' 2-1 win at Skipton Town on Saturday.

Thomas Swindells scored a brace for Trawden while Ben Cox was on the scoresheet for Skipton.

Bottom side Cross Hills came away with a 2-2 draw against Bingley Town at Sutton Playing Fields.

Jordan Hough put Hills 1-0 up at half-time but Town scored two in the second half to assure a draw for the Bingley side.

Cononley Sports Club moved three points clear at the top of Division One by blanking Trawden Celtic Juniors Reserves 5-0.

Grassington United Reserves dealt second placed Cowling's promotion hopes a blow with a 5-1 win at Cowling Recreation Ground.

David Greenwood's hat-trick led the way for Grassington, who also got goals from James Morgan and Andrew Smithson.

Jack Diamond scored a consolation for Cowling.

Meanwhile, Addingham moved off the bottom of the table with 2-0 victory against fellow strugglers Broomhill at Stockinger Lane.

Goals by Steven Hunt and Sam Tattersall led the way for Addingham.

In Division Two, third placed Earby Town secured a 3-3 home draw with leaders Salts 3rds.

Matthew Bowker, Jordan Driver and Shane Taylforth scored the goals for Earby, who remain four points behind the leaders.

Struggling bottom side Settle United Reserves lost 4-1 on their travels across the Lancashire border at Chatburn.

Although Division Three leaders Salts 4ths lost their first game of the season 2-0 at home to Otley Town A, it was a good day for Sutton and FC Sporting Keighley Reserves.

Goals by Terence Hargreaves, Jack Kennedy and Scott Russell led Sutton to 3-0 victory at Cononley Sports Club 2nds.

FC Sporting Keighley Reserves had the result of the day, winning 6-3 against Addingham Reserves at Marley.

Andrew Brightman scored a brace for Addingham.