THERE were limited games over the Bank Holiday weekend as the pre-season programme continued.

Thackley Reserves were away to new Leeds side Old Centralians.

The Dennygirls’ second string ran out 3-1 winners in a well-fought affair, as they look forward to the new season’s opener, a local derby with Phoenix.

They played some good attacking football, particularly through Meg Howell, and found themselves 2-0 up at half-time with goals from Paris Lockwood and Hope Nicol.

Just after the break, Nicol's second put the game to bed, before Centralians scored late on to at least secure themselves a consolation.

Silsden travelled over the border, as they prepared for their upcoming FA Cup extra preliminary round tie.

They were much-improved from their defeat to Ilkley Town last time out, but still lost 2-0 to Burnley-based Belvedere.

There was some early pressure from Silsden, but Belvedere took the lead through Jodie Cocker.

Megan Robson-Owens’ shot was stopped by a great save from the hosts’ keeper just before the break, with Cocker completing her brace in the second half.

But an impressive, battling performance fired up the Sils for that FA Cup clash this Sunday, when they visit Harworth Colliery, who had a narrow 3-2 win against Morley Town.

Elsewhere, Queensbury Celtic’s under-18s had a good result against a skilful Norristhorpe side.

A composed, structured performance from a depleted squad limited their opponents, who they visit in the first match of the new season, to few real chances in their 1-1 draw.

Elisha Waters’ great run led to Celtic skipper Jess Maurice’s goal from close-range.

Brighouse Sports meanwhile were at Altofts.

Brighouse lost 3-1 to the Regional League side, but it was a good test going into their game against a Bradford City XI next weekend.

Sports’ Sarah Hemingway and Leanne Smith had chances in a goalless first half.

Altofts’ first chance gave them a goal. Sports battled hard to keep in the game, before the hosts went 2-0 up.

Brighouse’s Leanne Smith pulled one back with 15 minutes to go, but Altofts got a final goal just before the end.