IN what was a busy week of action, two of our sides went crashing out at the first stage of the FA Cup, and many clubs wound down their pre-season preparations with wins.

Silsden bowed out of the prestigious knockout tournament after a 6-1 loss at Harworth.

The Dragons were 5-0 down at half time in the extra preliminary round tie.

In a much-improved second half Megan Robson-Owens got the visitors' only goal.

Farsley Celtic women went out 3-1 to Regional Premier rivals Harrogate Town.

The ‘Sulphurettes' took their chances well to lead 3-0. Ellie Casper's excellent goal proved to be just a late consolation.

Ilkley Town completed their friendlies with a fantastic 4-2 win over a skilful and fast-paced Phoenix.

The day's raffle raised £100 towards 28-year-old Chris Riley's fight against cancer.

Liv Boardman's great finish gave Ilkley an early lead, but Phoenix went into the break with the advantage.

Heather Fisher-Pedley’s brace put Town back in front. Hannah Spivey’s shot from outside the area sealed the result.

Brighouse Sports wrapped up a successful pre-season programme with an entertaining 7-2 victory over Bradford City reserves.

Sports’ Sarah Hemingway opened the scoring on the half-hour mark with a fine solo goal.

Jess Dunlop equalised with a brilliant strike, giving the keeper no chance.

Leanne Smith grabbed another Brighouse goal before City’s pacey winger Amelia White lobbed the out-rushing keeper.

Georgia Lane’s fantastic chip and Abbie Robyn’s strike made it four for Sports.

In the second half, Hemingway completed her hat-trick with a quick double as Deb Tomlinson’s looping free-kick completed the scoring.

Queensbury Celtic’s under-18s beat Guiseley 3-2.

Strikes from Elisha Waters and Sophie Dyson firmly put Queensbury in the driving seat.

Guiseley’s solid fight back left it all square with 10 minutes to go. Katie Waters' thundering finish proved to be the difference.

Chloë Wild scored four in Brighouse Town EDS’ 10-1 win over Thackley.

Skipton Town put in a good first half performance to lead 3-0 at Wetherby, but ended up on the wrong side of a 5-3 score-line.