BRADFORD City Women have confirmed they are "dealing with COVID within the club". That meant as well postponing their game at Newcastle United on Sunday, they will not be playing at all for the next two weeks.

They were due to face rivals Leeds United tonight in the FA Women's National League Division One North.

Leeds secured a 1-0 victory over Durham Cestria at the weekend, while in the same division, Brighouse Town lost 3-1 at Stockport County, Amy Woodruff scoring a late consolation.

There were mixed results elsewhere.

Silsden put in a fabulous effort at Brighouse Sports to win 2-1 in the West Riding County Women's Football League Premier Division.

Brighouse defender Leanne Webster was making her first league appearance since a horrific injury in 2018 at Silsden.

Silsden were first off the mark against the run of play, as a good counter-attack resulted in an Elly Field goal. Brighouse struggled to put away their chances until Emily Holroyd set up Leanne Smith’s equaliser.

But Megan Robson-Owens’ fantastic lob from distance went straight into the back of the net for the Dragons’ winner.

Both goalkeepers, Shaz Bates and Becky Seward, made good saves in the goalless second half.

Thackley lost 3-2 at leaders Brayton Belles, with their reserves losing 2-1 at home to Garforth Rangers in their Second Division match.

In the First Division, Skipton and Tyersal shared the spoils at Sandylands. Tyersal went 3-1 ahead through Abbie Tate (2) and Jamie Lukacs.

However the ‘Mighty Whites' came back well. Bethany Bancroft (2) and Megan Hawkins were on target for Town.

In a tricky League Cup qualifier, Ilkley Town beat Leeds City 2-1 at Adel. It was all-square at 1-1 at the break, but Heather Fisher-Pedley’s penalty gave Ilkley a place in the next round on Sunday, at West Riding Premier Division side Harrogate Railway.

Bradford (Park Avenue) had a disappointing 8-2 loss to Altofts in their North East Regional Women's Football League South opener.

Bradford’s Millie West had a good game, scoring two to ensure her side were only 4-2 behind at the break, but a succession of long balls broke a high defensive line to give Altofts four more goals in the second half.

In the NERWFL Premier Division, Farsley Celtic lost 4-2 at home to Alnwick Town.

Finally, in the Yorkshire U18 Girls Football League, a spirited Queensbury Celtic drew 1-1 in a feisty affair at Castleford White Rose. A battling performance from an injury-hit squad led to a Shoanna Clark equaliser.