SILSDEN played their first competitive game for 175 days, as they visited Huddersfield Amateurs’ Old Earth for a WRCWFL Invitational Cup Group B match.

There were many chances for both sides, but Silsden were losing 1–0 at the break after a Jordyn Chasiak-Pratt strike.

Silsden made five substitutions to get something from the game, but went home disappointed.

There was good play from Amateurs’ central defender Rachael Graham-Martin and Faith Forde, returning to the game after three years, who scored a well-deserved goal in the hosts’ 2–0 win.

Ilkey Town, playing their first game with a new line-up, welcomed Ripon City to Ben Rhydding.

The young side found themselves 7–1 down at half time after Ripon’s strong start that included six from ex-Doncaster Belles’ striker Chloë Bethell.

Ilkey put in an excellent second-half performance but lost 9–4.

Skipton Town lost 5–1 to Harrogate Railway at Sandylands, Bethany Bancroft with a well-deserved consolation.

In Group A, Farsley Junior Reserves lost 3–2 to Ossett Reserves at Batley.

There was better news for Farsley Junior First, who travelled to York RI for their first game of the NERWFL Subsidiary Cup. The 6–1 victory featured goals from Bethany Waring, Holly Bartlett, Jas Cooper and Sarah Lawn.

There was late drama at Pit Lane, as Queensbury Celtic played Guiseley in the Yorkshire u18 League.

On the half-hour mark, Celtic were in the driving seat after Katie Waters’ opening goal, then sibling Elisha also beat the goalie to get on the score-sheet.

Guiseley fought back, and were soon level after skipper Josie Barnes’ brace from set pieces either side of half-time.

The game was played in good spirit, with Amelia Graves’ powerful performance up front earning her man of the match.

With five minutes to go, Guiseley were awarded a penalty but a top-class save by Emily McKinley secured the 2–2 draw.

Queensbury remain second in Division 2 South, after current leaders Norristhorpe beat Skipton 6-0.

Burley Trojans had a tough friendly at Tyersal, but were clinical in the second half to win 6–1 through Heather Fisher-Pedley (3), Chloë Slater (2) and Hannah Spivey.