SILSDEN Whitestar made a disappointing return to Craven League Premier Division action on Saturday with a 3-0 loss at fellow title-challengers AFC Barnoldswick First.

A Callum Uttley brace had the hosts in control before substitute Luke Scott rounded off a fantastic performance from the hosts, who leapfrogged their opponents to move back to the summit of the table.

With both sides tied at one apiece at the interval, the game between Carleton Sports Club First and Skipton Town First came to life in the second half, with a Chris Johnson hat-trick and Andy Nicholson double seeing the visitors run out 7-2 winners.

Elsewhere in the Division, Cononley Sports Club First won their first match of the campaign after beating Bingley Town First 3-2 at Marley.

The matches between Crosshills First and Grassington United Firsts and Trawden Celtic Juniors and Cowling First were postponed.

Ingleton First had no problem finding the back of the net at home to Chatburn First in the game of the day in Division One.

James Lawson’s hat-trick and a double from Daniel Wilson were the highlights for Ingleton, with David Whitfield, Alex Hartley, and Jonathan Horton also on target for the hosts in an 8-3 win.

Goals were also flowing for Silsden Whitestar Reserves, who raced into a 4-1 lead at the interval before eventually putting seven past Salts 3rds.

Baildon Trinity Athletic First also dominated in a 4-0 win at home to Trawden Celtic Juniors, whilst AFC Crossleys First, Settle United Reserves, Addingham First, and Grassington United Reserves had their games postponed.

Cowling Reserves claimed their first points of the Division Two season in style, with Michael Jon Hartley, Kieran Duxbury, and Martyn Dalby on target in a 5-3 win at Hellifield Sports.

Skipton Town Reserves came back from two goals down to draw with Bradley First, whilst substitute Tom Hunter also rescued a point for Barlick Wanderers First at home to Crosshills Reserves.

At the foot of the table, Otley Town 3rds remain winless but performed well to hold high-flying Grindleton Firsts to a 2-2 draw.

Barnoldswick Barons Seniors Open Age and Padiham Juniors had their match cancelled.

Goals were aplenty in Division Three, with both Weston Lane Juniors and AFC Crossleys Reserves scoring 10 against Addingham Reserves and iPlay 2nds respectively.

Sam Haigh and Sam McDonald netted half of Weston’s goals, whilst a Cassius Bryant hat-trick and a brace from substitute Rob Kenny were the highlights for Crossleys.

Tyler Green was the star of the show for leaders FC Keighley United Open Age, with his five goals helping them to a 7-1 thrashing of Cononley Sports Club 2nd.

The only other match in the Division saw Rolls Reserves beat Otley Town 4ths 2-1.

Another great weekend of Craven League football all-round.     REPORT BY: EMMA KENNEDY