WATERLOGGED pitches put paid to a few matches in the Craven League this weekend, but for those that managed to play, there was a fantastic opportunity to pull ahead of their rivals.

In the Premier Division, leaders Trawden Celtic left it late to secure victory, twice coming from behind to beat Cononley Sports Club 3-2.

With their closest challengers AFC Barnoldswick not in action, goals from Dom Broughton, Ben Gorman, and George Watson were enough for Trawden to open up a nine-point advantage at the top.

Cowling also claimed a valuable three points and their first win of 2022 at home to Skipton Town, Seth Wiseman’s hat-trick proving the difference between the sides.

AFC Crossleys continued their remarkable run in Division 1, recording their 15th straight win at home to Grassington United Reserves.

Their outstanding form is such that the 5-0 scoreline marks just the second time they have managed less than eight goals this year, but that didn’t stop Kaylum Moran Payne from scoring a hat-trick, or top-scorer Lewis Oldridge getting in on the action.

Baildon Trinity Athletic and Chatburn led 1-0 at the break at Addingham and Silsden Whitestar Reserves respectively, but they would prove to have contrasting fortunes after the interval.

Lee Mathers and Danny Jones came off the bench to help Baildon put in a stellar second-half performance to win 5-1, while Chatburn saw their advantage overturned in a 2-1 defeat.

In Division 2, Otley Town 3rds were the big winners after managing double figures in the big clash at the bottom of the table against Cowling Reserves.

Shaun Wood’s goal was the only blot on an otherwise excellent performance for the hosts, with Samual Holmes finding the back of the net four times, while Alex Nicoll and Jacob Hirst also chipped in with two goals apiece.

That defeat marks Cowling’s 12th of a miserable season, with their goal difference now sitting at an almost unassailable minus-60.

Elsewhere, Jacob Wroe and Jack Dailey were on target for Hellifield Sports in their 2-1 win at Bradley, with Jonathan Davies’ double enough to see Barlick Wanderers beat Skipton Town Reserves by the same score.

First-half goals from Liam Owen and Sam Malone also saw Grindleton beat Sutton, who had secured the points by just the 40th minute.

One of the shocks of the day came in Division 3, where leaders FC Keighley United Open Age were beaten for just the third time this season, this time 4-2 at iPlay 2nds.

iPlay appear to have found their goal-scoring form at just the right time, with Tyler McGladdery and Stuart Andrew Burnett netting two apiece, the former taking his total to eight goals in just four appearances since joining the club.

That result allowed second-placed Rolls Reserves – who have two games in hand – to close the gap at the top of the table to five points after they put Carleton Sports Club 2nds to the sword.

Gareth Hargreaves and Aaron-Lee Barber both scored twice in their 7-2 win, with goals from Harrison Prenton, Lewis Rimmer, and substitute Chris Holt making sure the journey back to Carleton was not a happy one.

Away from the league, it was business as usual for table-toppers Padiham FC Juniors and Harrison Yeoman, with the talismanic striker again on target as they reached the semi-final of the Division Two Cup with a 3-0 win at home to Crosshills Reserves.

A trip to Otley Town 3rds awaits Padiham, who will be looking to do the league and cup double, in the semi-final, with a date yet to be confirmed.  REPORT BY: EMMA KENNEDY