SILSDEN WHITESTAR made their long-awaited Craven League Premier Division return on Saturday, but could only manage a 3-3 draw with last-placed Bingley Town.

Despite not having played a league match since 29 January, the hosts led 2-1 at the interval, but goals from James Wilson and Aaron Vaughan were not enough for them to come away with the points, or improve on their fifth-place league position.

Cononley Sports Club and AFC Barnoldswick also battled it out in the division’s cup competition, with the hosts recording a somewhat surprise 3-0 victory to book their place in the semi-finals.

Third-placed Barlick will now turn their attention back to their pursuit of a second-place league finish, while Cononley will face the winner of the match between Whitestar and Carleton Sports for a place in the final.

Addingham’s goalless draw at home to Grassington United Reserves was the only fixture in Division 1, a result that sees the hosts move off the bottom of the table for the first time since December.

However, there was plenty of action in Division 2, with an eight-goal thriller between Bradley and Sutton stealing the headlines.

Early goals from Ben Bradley and Tom Barraclough saw the hosts race into a two-goal lead before momentum swung in Sutton’s favour, with Will Bestwick’s hat-trick setting the tone for the visitors to score five unanswered goals in the sixty minutes that followed.

Injuries to Barraclough, Ben Metcalfe, and Ben Loftus saw Bradley’s afternoon go from bad to worse, though they did have something to cheer about inside the final 10 minutes, with Ben Ramsden finding debutant Jake Crowther to reduce the arrears late on.

Elsewhere, Michael Taylor, Morgan Caine, and Joe Noone were on the scoresheet as Padiham FC Juniors beat Hellifield 2-1 to extend their lead at the top of the table to eight points, while Barlick Wanderers and Otley Town 3rds played out a 2-2 draw in Lancashire.

In Division 3, Settle United 3rds continued their promotion push with a 6-2 thrashing of hosts AFC Crossleys Reserves.

George Bainbridge scored both of Crossley’s goals but they proved to be a consolation, with Shaun Airey netting a hat-trick to move the visitors onto 37 points and level with second-placed Rolls Reserves.

Joseph Dinsdale, John Beckwith and substitute Jake Illingworth were also on target for Settle in a dominant performance.

The only other match in the division saw Weston Lane Juniors put in a spectacular second-half performance to snatch a 3-3 draw at Carleton Sports Club 2nds.

Trailing 3-0 at the break, the visitors’ half-time substitutions paid off, with Henry Brewis, Tom Coe, and James Moffatt all finding the back of the net in an incredible comeback.

Away from the league, sides were also in action in the Craven FA’s Morrison Cup and Norman Pratt Trophy semi-finals.

Grindleton overcame Carleton Sports 3-1 to set up a Morrison Cup final against Skipton Town, who narrowly edged past Division 1 side Ingleton on penalties.

Rolls Reserves and Settle United Reserves also booked their places in the final of the Norman Pratt Trophy after beating Barnoldswick Town East Lancashire Reserves and Rimington respectively to set up another all-Craven League final.  REPORT BY: EMMA KENNEDY