THE CRAVEN League’s divisional fixtures were put on the back burner this weekend, with most sides instead taking part in the President’s Trophy Challenge Cup.

Premier Division leaders Silsden Whitestar cruised through to the second round with a Chris Wademan hat-trick seeing them claim a 3-0 win at home to Sutton, but it was a less straightforward task for second-placed AFC Crossleys, who needed penalties to see off Cononley following an entertaining 3-3 draw.

Jeremy Gee’s brace helped Grassington United beat fellow Premier Division high-fliers Ingleton 3-1, while Luke Barker’s hat-trick and Lewis Spencer’s brace saw Cowling also progress following a 5-1 thrashing of Division 1 iPlay.

Spectators were treated to an 11-goal thriller at Chatburn, with visitors Bingley Town coming out 6-5 victors, despite Callum Pick netting four times for the hosts.

Barnoldswick Barons also hit five on their way to victory against Weston Lane, with Matt Blackwell, James Cumpstey, Dan Hughes, Owen Pearson, and Gareth Turner all on the scoresheet.

Kallum Kirk was the standout for Otley Town 3rds, scoring four in their 6-2 victory at Addingham, with Barlick Wanderers also advancing after to a 7-6 penalty shootout win following their 3-3 draw at Bradley.

Craig Gregory’s double sent Gargrave through with a 3-2 victory at Division 2 Rolls Reserves, while goals from Matt Bailey, Daryl Foster, and Sam Waterhouse saw Salts 3rds defeat higher opposition in Premier Division Skipton Town to book their place in the next round.

For the sides not involved in the cup, Saturday brought a chance to improve their league position.

In the only match in the Premier Division, second-half goals from Liam Darke and substitute Reece Southgate saw Baildon Trinity Athletic move off the bottom of the table after recording their first win of the season against Trawden Celtic Juniors.

Grindleton and Grassington United Reserves played out a thriller in the Ribble Valley, sharing nine goals in their match in Division 1.

David Greenwood and Rob Bradley scored seven of those, with Bradley Gardener also on the scoresheet on a fantastic afternoon for the visitors, who move up to fifth.

Skipton Town Reserves remain without a win in Division 2 after being put to the sword by Crosshills, who scored three times in each half to claim a 6-2 victory.

Gary Shepherd netted a hat-trick, with Jordan Hough and Luke Newton also finding the back of the net for the visitors.

At the other end of the table, newly-promoted FC Keighley United continued their strong start to life in the division with a 4-1 win at AFC Crossleys Reserves, Tyler Green taking his tally to 10 goals with a well-taken hat-trick.

Division 3 leaders Cowling Reserves maintained their 100% record after putting a staggering 10 goals past Otley Town 4ths.

Man of the Match Sam Wooley scored four of those, with Stephen Wood and Joe Garlick also netting braces for Cowling.

There were also wins for Settle United 3rds, who built on a 3-0 halftime lead to beat Sutton Reserves 4-1, while Henry Day’s double saw Carleton Sports Club 2nds also score four past hosts iPlay 2nds.

In the only match in the division’s cup competition, Craig Ebbrell (x2) and Jacob Taylor helped Cononley 2nds progress to the next round with a 3-1 win at home to Addingham Reserves.