CUP competitions dominated the Craven League for the second weekend running on Saturday, with some sides already making it as far as the semi-finals.

One of those was Premier Division strugglers Trawden Celtic Juniors Reserves, but they needed penalties at home to last-placed Skipton Town following an entertaining 4-4 draw.

Miles Thompson’s hat-trick was the highlight for the visitors, who eventually lost the shootout 5-4.

Cononley also secured their progression in the Cup, scoring four times in the first half against Baildon to set up a quarter-final tie at home to Ingleton.

In the Division 1 Cup, Bingley Town also secured their place in the semi-final after they scored twice in each half to claim a 4-2 win at home to Silsden Whitestar Reserves.

There were still matches to play in the earlier rounds, however, with Chatburn through to the quarter-finals after coming out on the right side of a nine-goal thriller in Lancashire.

Damian Williams netted a brace for hosts iPlay but it wasn’t enough, with Steven Tandy (x2), Callum Pick, Harris Holgate, and Travis Blezard finding the back of the net for the visitors to send them through.

The other first-round match between Gargrave and Grindleton was cancelled.

Three matches took place in the Division 2 Cup, again at different stages of the competition.

Rolls Reserves and AFC Crossleys Reserves secured their places in the quarter-finals with wins against Hellifield and Barlick Wanderers.

Dan Paton and Luke Ramsden netted braces for Rolls in their 5-1 win, while Ryan Carrington also scored twice as Crossleys hit five in Lancashire.

Leaders FC Keighley United had the highest total of the afternoon in their quarter-final match, Tyler Green again in fine form to score three of their seven unanswered goals against Skipton Town Reserves at Marley.

Addingham are also through to the semi-finals after Paul Petchey and Andy Sharpe helped them to a narrow 2-1 win at Bradley.

In the only match in the Division 3 cup, Colne set up a quarter-final tie against Settle 3rds after beating hosts Weston Lane on penalties, with Aranvir Chahal, Jamie Holmes and Andrew Ledgar having scored in their 3-3 draw.

Carleton Sports and Settle United Reserves were in action in the Presidents’ Challenge Trophy, with the hosts progressing after a 3-2 win, despite Joseph Dinsdale scoring twice for Settle.

However, Carleton have been handed perhaps the toughest draw in the next round against Premier Division leaders Silsden Whitestar.

Away from the cups, there were 14 goals at Addingham as their Reserves put iPlay 2nds to the sword in Division 3.

Jonathan Dow was the standout for the hosts, netting six, alongside Matt Vaughan’s hat-trick, as they built on a 5-0 halftime lead to thrash their opponents 11-3.

Jordan Edmondson also scored a hat-trick in Barrowford United’s comfortable 4-0 win at home to Sutton, who remain in the bottom three.

In the only match in the Premier Division, nothing could separate Grassington United and Ingleton in a 2-2 draw.