A ten-man Silsden side made it three wins in a row on Saturday following a 2-1 triumph over high-flying Hallam at The Office Interiors Stadium.

A first goal for defender Spencer Harris and a close range finish from Ellis Hudson were enough to secure the points in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division, despite a late Keiren Watson strike for the visitors.

The Cobbydalers did not make it easy for themselves, as Jacob Smith saw red on 61 minutes, but their defensive resilience was enough to see them claim the victory in the end.

Things almost got off to a disastrous start for the hosts as Isaac Baldwin was forced to make a crucial goal line clearance just moments into the game.

They settled quickly after that early scare however and took the lead through the experienced Harris on five minutes.

A pinpoint Hudson corner found the centre-half and he nodded a powerful header into the corner of the Hallam goal.

After all the early action, the game began to slow down and it took until the 30th minute for anything meaningful to occur, with two chances in quick succession for the visitors.

Jamie Austin fired the ball over from close range before Scott Ruthven sent a half volley wide of the upright.

New Sils man Cody Cromack appears to have adjusted to life quickly at Keighley Road and his 40-yard effort looked destined for the top corner, until the acrobatics of Hallam’s Hugo Warhurst kept him out.

Silsden headed into the break with the lead, but on the hour mark, their advantage came under threat after Smith received his marching orders, picking up a second yellow card for time-wasting.

Despite the man advantage, there was little the Countrymen could do to stop the brilliance and determination of Stewart.

The winger picked up the ball on the left wing, twisted and turned his way into the box beyond three defenders, before squaring for Hudson to rifle home the second.

Hallam were keen to look for a way back into the game however and they halved the deficit with 10 minutes to go after Watson headed home a cross from former Sheffield Wednesday player Daniel Pudil.

As the pressure continued to mount, Silsden were forced to hold on, Kyle Trenerry holding on to a powerful snapshot, whilst new signing Lewis Hey was called upon to make a crucial defensive block.

There was time for one late Silsden chance when substitute Hey found space in the box, only for Warhurst to narrow the angle and tip over smartly.

Silsden have now moved up to seventh in the NCEL Premier Division table, with 12 points from their seven games so far.

Up next, they welcome Pickering Town to the Office Interiors Stadium on Saturday, September 9.