A stoppage time winner from Gareth Hill sparked jubilant Barlick celebrations on the touchline, but his endeavours didn’t come without ramifications.

With the score tied at 2-2 at Kendal Town on Saturday, the visitors continued to push for a dramatic late winner and up stepped the ever-popular G.Hill to provide his team with exactly that – bravely attacking a cross from his brother, Andy in the 93rd minute of the contest to seal a memorable 3-2 victory for Barnoldswick.

In doing so the super-sub took an almighty whack from the onrushing Kendal goalkeeper and he looked in a great deal of discomfort. Fortunately, Hill got back to his feet, but he was later taken to hospital.

Barlick have since confirmed that the match-winner got the all clear from a CT scan, however, he did perforate his ear drum and subsequently had his ear stitched up. He will start his road to recovery in the coming days.

Town did get off to a strong start at Kendal and it was the inform Jack Foster who once again put them in front. After Kendal blazed a shot well over the bar at the other end, back came the visitors and A.Hill played a delightful ball to the back post to Foster who made no mistake in firing Barlick ahead with 13 minutes on the clock.

Brad Carsley then had a golden opportunity to double the away team’s advantage, but after spinning his man, his shot was well saved Kendal’s goalkeeper.

The hosts then went up the other end and punished Barnoldswick through Robert Wilson, who struck a sweet half volley into the bottom corner of Callum Jakovlevs’s goal.

In the lead up to half time the chances were few and far between, and that continued into the early stages of the second half with both sides wary of going behind.

That changed on minute 73 when Barlick restored their lead, as Foster claimed a brace. The ball was worked to him neatly and the inform forward unleashed a fierce strike into the far corner of Kendal’s goal to put the visitors 2-1 ahead.

The drama was far from over though, and the hosts had an immediate chance to respond, but like they did in the first half after falling behind – blazed a shot over the bar with the goal in their mercy.

On minute 83 the home side would find a leveller through Martin Grundy who, after Jakovlevs made a fine initial save, poked home to make it 2-2.

There was still time for both sides to make a statement, but it was the visitors who showed the most intent ahead of finding a potential winner.

Firstly, A.Hill forced a strong save out of Kendal’s goalkeeper through a free-kick, but it would be the combination of him and his brother who would become the eventual heroes.

With the game heading well into the four minutes of additional time, the former collected the ball on the left-hand side of the pitch, before floating a delicate cross into the box where his brother was waiting, who courageously guided his header into the Kendal net, albeit following a huge collision with the home side’s shot stopper.

It sparked joyous celebrations on the touchline as Barlick moved up to 6th in the league table with victory, and they return to action tomorrow evening at Colne in the cup ahead of returning to league action on Saturday when they travel to Skelmersdale United.