SKIPTON chalked up a second five try win on the bounce, this week coming back from a one-point deficit in the first half to wrap the game up in the third quarter.

Early possession and good rugby through many phases of play saw No. 8 Joe Hayes over for Skipton's opening try, with centre Callum Patrick adding the extra points. Crossing from the re-start gave Phoenix a scrum under the posts and they were over for an unconverted try. Skipton knew they had a game on their hands with surging runs from Phoenix resulting in a penalty within kickable range, which they converted to take the lead by a point.

Further pressure from Phoenix was contained and countered by swift play from skipper Josh Nkwo and Jonny Tomes-Green on the wing. Patrick pulled a hamstring and Chris Wilkinson joined the Skipton back line to replace him. Skipton maintained the pressure on the visitors and the game turned with an unconverted try from back-row Joe Moorhouse from a ruck close in on Phoenix's line, just before half-time.

From the re-start a Hamish Munro off-load from quick re-cycled ball saw Joe Hayes over for his second try. Tomes-Green added the extra points. Full-back Luther Hall added a fourth for Skipton from a blistering run, earning the bonus league point. Tomes-Green added the extras and Skipton were ahead by 26-8.

A mid-field interception off the ground saw Tomes-Green in for Skipton's fifth. He added the extra points to put Skipton at 33-8. Phoenix always looked dangerous and a gruelling last quarter followed for Skipton. Coach Carl Watts had to re-jig the line-up several times, with Michael Tam and Tom Allsop returning to the field, having been replaced, when centre Anthony Chapman had to go off with a shoulder injury. Shaun Barraclough went into the centre; Malcolm Dutton came into the front row and Harry Maltby joined the pack to replace Brad Nicholson.

Skipton defended to a man, putting their bodies on the line but conceding many penalties in the process. Eventually Allsop picked up a yellow card. Phoenix took advantage of the home side's weakened pack and were over for an unconverted try from a scrum close in.

Skipton suffered two further setbacks in the last ten minutes, with a yellow card for hooker Charlie Brown and a broken collar bone for second-row Will Havers-Strong, but no further points ensued, and Skipton ran out winners at 33-13.