Silsden made it back-to-back 1-0 wins by beating Tadcaster Albion in a high-intensity game at the Office Interiors Stadium last night.

Experienced midfielder Harry Thompson grabbed the winner for the hosts with a stooping header on 34 minutes and despite chances a plenty for both sides, that proved to be the only goal of the game.

That makes it two clean sheets in as many games now in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division for the Cobbydalers, whose backline held firm against a visiting Brewers side who possess real attacking quality.

In similar style to Saturday’s narrow victory at Maltby, things got off to a fast start.

Adam Clayton was forced into a smart block early on as Oli Norman raced into the Silsden penalty area.

At the other end, new man Nash Connolly looked to add to his debut goal from the weekend, picking up the ball on the edge of the box and unleashing a fierce strike that rattled Joe Wilton’s crossbar.

Tadcaster thought they had taken the lead on 19 minutes as Joe Crosby swung a low cross into the path of Junayd Cassius-Gill.

He duly put the ball past Silsden stopper Jacob Rabone and into the net, only to see the flag raised for offside.

Former Cobbydaler Crosby was causing all sorts of problems for the Silsden defence and forced a good save from Rabone with a snapshot from the edge of the penalty area.

It was the hosts who took the lead however, as one of Casey Stewart’s trademark floated corners was met by Spencer Harris.

His header looking to be dropping wide but Thompson snuck in at the far post to divert the ball into the net and put the home side into the lead.

Unfortunately for Thompson, an injury forced him off just before the break, while Sam Kilner was also forced off after a blow to the head.

He was replaced by West Yorkshire League graduate Danny Hunt, who made a promising start straight from the interval, battling to win the ball before driving forward and supplying Kayle Price down the left.

Price came agonisingly close to picking out Stewart perfectly in the centre, only for his low cross to be cut out just in time by Tadcaster.

The chances kept coming in the second half, Norman crossing for Cassius-Gill in a dangerous area, only for the winger to smash the ball over the top.

Ross Daly was having a solid game in the middle of the park for Sils and one of his driving runs forward almost allowed him to slip Price in behind but good defending denied him the chance.

Daly had a far bigger opportunity to wrap up the game late on when Silsden broke quickly from a corner to leave a three-on-one at the back.

Connolly found Jake Maltby, he laid it off to former Guiseley man Daly, but the latter’s left footed striker from inside the box well saved by Witton in the Brewers goal.

In the end, the miss mattered little as Silsden held on to claim a valuable three points and keep their faint play-off hopes alive.

There were also plenty of positive signs to suggest that confidence is returning after a poor run of results.

Next up for Silsden is the visit of promotion-chasing Garforth Town to the Office Interiors Stadium on Saturday.