A spirited Skipton side held Burley to a 21-21 draw in cool conditions at Kirkstall Road on Saturday.

Kicking off up the slope and with a cross-field breeze, strong attacking play by Skipton put pressure on the hosts in their own 22.

Burley placed a penalty kick into the bottom corner and it was Skipton's turn to be under the cosh until an interception by Skipton winger Jonny Tomes-Green saw him run the length of the field for a superb break-away try. Still out of breath, the winger slotted the conversion from the touch line to put Skipton 7 nil up.

Prop Tom Allsop was replaced by late season Skipton signing Alex Bowdler but the youngster picked up a leg injury within five minutes and Allsop returned to the field.

Skipton put in a good first-half shift up the slope but the strain began to tell and on the 30 minute mark Burley took a scrum against the head and ran in a converted try to level the scores. They gained a penalty for a high tackle under Skipton's posts a few minutes later, opted for the scrum and were over for a second converted try to go into the break with a 14-7 lead.

The second-half saw veteran second-row Rick Willsher take the field for Skipton to replace Joe Moorhouse. Skipton pushed the down slope advantage, Tomes-Green intercepted again and fed second-row Ed Harrison who put No. 8 Joe Hayes clear for Skipton's second try. Tomes-Green added the extras to level the scores.

Allsop left the field for a second time, following an injury from a collapsed scrum. Will Havers-Strong replaced him and Skipton had to re-arrange their front row, with Moorhouse swapping for Miff Smith in the back-row.

Skipton conceded two penalties down field and Burley were in for converted try number three from pressure close in.

The game was by no means over for Skipton and they came back strongly at Burley, with some superb phases of play putting centre Hamish Munro over for their third try. Tomes-Green slotted the conversion from the touch line to draw the game with the last kick of the match.

It now all goes down to the wire for teams seven to eleven in Yorkshire Three with the last game of the season on April 6.