ECCLESHILL United missed the chance to reclaim leadership of the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Division One as they slumped to a 3-2 home defeat to fellow promotion-chasers Selby Town.

The Robins had already rattled the woodwork before they finally broke the deadlock just after the half-hour. Joe Dale tucked the ball home, and it proved to be the only goal of the first half.

Eagles skipper Sam Bradley headed his side level early in the second half, and again with just five minutes remaining after Liam Flanagan had put the visitors in front for a second time.

The Robins snatched all three points courtesy of Gary Collier’s stoppage-time winner and stay fifth in the table, while Eccleshill remain second.

The opportunity to climb to the summit came as Campion held leaders Knaresborough Town to a goalless draw, with the game at the North Yorkshire outfit’s Manse Lane home surviving a noon pitch inspection.

The sides couldn’t be separated in a tight game and Campion remain just outside the play-off places while Town doubled their lead over the Eagles to two points.

New Thackley joint-managers Pat McGuire and Mike Garrod got their stewardship off to a positive start as they banked a point from the visit of Penistone Church in the Premier Division. Newly-promoted Church are 10 places and 15 points better off than the Dennyboys.

After a goalless first half, Luke Robinson put the home side in front before Jordan Corduri's strike rescued a point for the visitors. Coduri joins Thackley's Paddy McGuire in the inaugural Yorkshire international squad who play their first game this coming weekend against the Isle of Man.

Albion Sports’ away fixture at Pickering Town in the top tier was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

Silsden remain at the summit of the Hallmark Security League Division One despite dropping their points at home. The nine-man Cobbydalers went down 2-1 to promotion rivals Whitchurch Alport.

Danny Forest’s men took a first-half lead through Chris Wademan, but fourth-placed Alport hit back through Ryan Thomas before Joe Howell struck the late winner.

Niall Sultan received a straight red and Joe Gaughan's second yellow followed three minutes later midway through the second half.