AFC Liverpool 3 Barnoldswick Town 4

BARNOLDSWICK Town returned to winning ways with a stirring performance on Merseyside.

They secured the three points in a seven-goal thriller played in testing conditions.

Jordan Gidley was still not able to take his place in goal so Bradley Garnett continued as his stand in.

Liam Blades was also missing after his sending off against Northwich Victoria.

Garnett was soon in action to save from Bradley Garnett, but it was Town who struck the first blow.

Joel Melia finished off a quick counter attack after Town seized on a loose pass in midfield.

They doubled their lead after 10 minutes when striker Mark Threlfall rose above his marker and nodded home.

The Reds continued to play their game but the fluidity between the midfield and forward line wasn’t there as the visitors contained comfortably and looked to break at any opportunity

Town had a let off after 25 minutes when James Crorken tripped Danny Boden and received a yellow card for his troubles.

Kevin Edgar fired the free kick under the wall but against the bottom of the post. Chris Anderson tapped in the rebound but he was flagged offside.

AFC Liverpool finally opened their account when Kevin Edgar completed a good move with a powerful finish.

The home side equalised two minutes later and it came from a bit of magic from winger Leon Arnasalam.

He won an aerial duel and set off down the touchline. He cut inside and created space for Danny Boden to equalise.

Barnoldswick defended well at the start of the second half before going ahead when Melia set up a goal for Jack Overson.

The home side hit back with 15 minutes to go. Boden broke clear and shot under the diving body of Garnett.

It said much for Town's character that they hit back to net a winner three minutes later.

They enjoyed parity for only a couple of minutes however as attacking midfielder Harry Thompson scored Barnoldswick’s winner in the 78th minute.

Boden was sent off after receiving his second yellow card In the closing stages of an eventful game.