Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting CHNEWS to 80360, or email
Man breached restraining order
12:51pm Thursday 13th March 2014 in News
Police, called to reports of suspicious activity in the public toilets in Main Street at 5.30pm on February 28 found Guiseppe Dicapro and Pauline Asquith.
Dicapro, 40, had been barred from contact with Miss Asquith through an order made last October. He was arrested and taken into police custody.
When he appeared at York Magistrates Court on March 1 he admitted a breach of the restraining order.
His case was adjourned to Skipton where, on Friday, magistrates were told Miss Asquith had gone to the area to seek out Dicapro, that the pair wanted to be reconciled and that she had lodged an application for the order to be lifted.
Magistrates told Dicapro, of Hartley Street, they would give him a six month conditional discharge. He was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £15 victims surcharge.