LONG Preston Heritage Group will hold an exhibition exploring the links between St Mary’s Church, Bolton Priory and Skipton Castle.
It will take place at the village hall on Saturday from 10am to 3pm.
The three communities are connected through the Augustinian order of monks, which developed its first priory on castle-owned land in Embsay before moving to Bolton Abbey in 1154.
And the order’s last prior before the dissolution of monasteries in 1939 was Richard Moon, whose family rented land from the monks in Long Preston.
Accompanying the exhibition is a newly published book, The Monk’s Story, which will be on sale.
Visitors will also be able to find out more about the Big Dig – an archaeological excavation planned for next year in the village